Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

12/19/08

First Cold


We officiall have our first COLD, Yuk! Head Congestion, Watery Eyes, Sneezing, the whole nine yards... I have to say that 6months is a good run, to be the first time she has been sick...but sadly, it is officially here... a yucky, cant breathe when you eat, head cold...
I called the peditrician yesterday, cause i wasnt really sure if i could give her anything over the counter. The nurse said no. She said the suits that make all the rules American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend giving babies over the counter medicine until age 3. I almost fell over. So, she recommended a few things...
Vapor Rub(have to get some)
Vapor Bath
Humidifier(been reading review, any suggestions)
Saline Nasal Spray(makes my nose hurt just thinking about it)
Bulb Sirenge(she hates this, makes her cough)

Do yall have any other suggestions:
Email Remedies for Rowyn's Common Cold


Thanks for all your help. Megan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pedia care makes a night light thing that plugs into the wall and you put these little vapor strips in it. I got it for Rileigh at CVS it works great for her. The humdidifier I use is just a warm mist Vicks humidifier with water only. These things seem to really help her. Stay on top of sucking her nose too that really helps alot!! When I am home i suck Rileigh's like every 30 minutes. Oh also I put a little Vaseline on the outside of her nose so it doesn't get chapped. Hope those things help.

Anonymous said...

Go get the Vapo-Rub and humidifier raht now! Best thing you can do.

Anonymous said...

I suggest these remedies... ...for the common cold



On the Humidifier make sure you get one that will fit the room size. They have them for small, medium & large rooms. My doctor is having me get one because my allergies (stuffy nose, runny eyes) have been so bad during my pregnancy. She also said it would be could to have when the baby gets here. Wal-mart only has small ones. Jason’s parents are getting us a nice one for Christmas. I will let you know about it. I would try Bed bath & beyond and maybe Target. FYI – We have a rainbow vacuum, which can be used as one and that is working ok for now.



Hope that helps.



Shanna

Tiny URL

Enter a long URL to make tiny: