Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

10/18/08

Baby First TV

I have posted before about how much Rowyn loves to watch the "baby channel" on TV...
I subscribed to this channel before I even delivered just see check it out and see what it was all about...



Click Picture above to link to Baby First Site

It is all developmental programs that expand the babies mind and senses as they watch... Periodically there are little bubble blurbs that will pop up on the bottom of the screen that will give tips, advice or info.
Example:
Here is some additional info:

What can BabyFirstTV do for my baby?
BabyFirstTV offers exciting new opportunities for you and your baby!
It’s Not Traditional TV - It’s a Brand New Educational Tool: BabyFirstTV transforms traditional TV into an interactive and educational tool that relies on the television as a medium to deliver high-quality programming and an engaging experience for both baby and parents. BabyFirstTV can enrich the connection between parents and baby and give them new opportunities for learning and playing together.
Best Value for your Money! BabyFirstTV provides hundreds of hours of DVD-quality programming for a monthly fee of only $4.99 - less than the average price of a single baby-DVD.
Endorsed by Leading Child-Development Experts: BabyFirstTV programming is created by leading experts in child development, education and psychology and provides a safe and enjoyable experience for both parents and babies.
Original and Award-winning Content: BabyFirstTV features 80% original content customized for infants and toddlers from six months to three years old. Within its collection of programming, the channel offers parents the popular and award-winning baby DVD brands, including Brainy Baby™, First Impressions™ and So Smart! ™ at a fraction of the price of traditional DVDs. BabyFirstTV also has an agreement with Sterling Publishing (owned by Barnes and Noble) to incorporate many children books into their “Story Time” program.
Interactive Subtitles - just like reading a book together: As BabyFirstTV encourages parents to have an active role, the channel offers unique parents’ subtitles for parents to guide them on words and movements to use with baby during the programs - making the experience as educational and engaging as reading a book.
360 Degrees Developmental Content: The program content focuses on the most important areas of development ranging from language and math to sensory skills, creative play and even baby “gym”.
24/7 Programming: We offer 24/7 programming, as well as video-on-demand (VOD) capabilities to help provide you with access to our programming when and where you need it. We also offer content for different times of the day – daytime programs engage and delight, while nighttime content can help soothe your baby as she prepares for sleep.
Multi-layer Content: BabyFirstTV content is adaptable to all levels of babies' and toddlers’ development. Each show offers elements that can appeal to younger babies and older toddlers simultaneously, so children at various levels and age groups can focus on something different within the same program.
Color-coded Programming Guide: BabyFirstTV helps inform parents about the educational value of each segment - the BabyFirstTV flower logo changes colors according to the specific program content:
Yellow Flower for Thinking Journey (creative thinking)
Blue Flower for Numbers Parade (math)
Green Flower for Sensory Wonderland (sensory)
Red Flower for Language Playground (language)
Orange Flower for Feelings Garden (social skills)
Pink Flower for Imagination Lane (creative play)
Multi-Colored Flower for Rainbow Dreams (soothing lullabies)
Programs-----Parents-----Schedule-----Testimonials-----Subscribe to Channel

It is oddly entertaining to Chris and I as we catch ourselves staring aimlessly at the TV, just as Rowyn does... and singing the songs that we have had embedded into our heads after hearing them over, and over...
Some of Rowyns favorite shows are:







Danny & Daddy,
Tilli Knock Knock,







Harry the Bunny,







Picture Pad,
Petey Paintbrush,
Squeak,
Tec the Tractor,
Shushybye Baby,







The Numbers Farm.
Rowyn has become really vocal lately which is totally fun. Here are some pictures and in the video she is talking to the TV...pretty cute...



FYI: I updated Our Comment Section hoping that it would be easier to use, and in return we would receive more comments.
We Love to Hear your Comments!
So please click blow to leave comments...
1. COMMENT FORM is at the bottom of the post
2. Blogger Accounts are FREE, but not required
3. If no account, Click down arrow & select Name/URL
4. URL address not required

I do need to post one more thing... My husband has the worst habit... He is so dang STUBBORN... on this particular night, I called him and asked him if he wanted me to run buy the liquor store to re-stock his "man cave" fridge...

"Nah" he said.

.... pretty much blowing me off before he actually had time to think about what I was saying, ... "Hello, I said B-E-E-R"... lol...

you know men... never want to talk on the phone, always in a hurry to get off the phone... anyways i asked again...

"I am running by there either way" I said.(wanted to get myself a bottle of wine

"Are you sure you dont want me to pick you some up?"

"Nah, I'll be alright" he said.

Urrrggghhh, So knowing that its baseball season, and knowing that by the time i made it home, he would be sitting in his recliner out in his "man cave" screaming obscenities at the television. I went ahead and picked some up.

Then shortly after that, my sister and i decided to order some chinese food.

"Babe, Do you want some chinese food?"

"Nah" he said.

"Are you sure, you havent had any dinner?"

"Nah" he said.

"Do you want me to pick you up somting else while im out picking up the chinese?"

"Nah' he said.

Originally, I had plans to visit my friend, Joy, who had flown in from Colorado, which is why I didnt have dinner already made that night.

"Are you sure?"

"YES, I'M SURE!" he replied, in a (your irritating me) voice.

"Ok, Ok...well we will be back in a few minutes"

Sharon and I ran to town, picked up the food...came home, made our plates, ate... and were just about to wrap it all up to stick back in the fridge...when Guess Who comes slinkin' in the kitchen.

"What did yall get?" he said.

I knew exactly where this was going...lol

"Sesame Chicken" we replied.

"Do you want some? We were just about to stick it in the fridge."


"There is plenty." I said. "Lots of Rice, Noodles, Hot & Sour Soup"

By this time, he is muling around the bar/island in the kitchen, looking all the food over....


"Well, Sharon and I are going to watch Tv" I said.

Shortly after that... I went out to the "man cave" to tell him good night.... I was tired, and I wanted to go ahead and hit the sack...


This is what i found. Beer in one hand, Chinese food in the other. I laughed at him as i said(and snapped a quick pic)

"I thought you didnt want any beer."
"I thought you didnt want any chinese"


MEN...STUBBORN, STUBBORN, STUBBORN!...

Please share you stubborn men stories, Click Comment Form.








Love, Chris, Megan & Rowyn Sommer
To subscribe to blog updates Email me: "SUBSCRIBE"
To unsubscribe to blog updates Email me: "UNSUBSCRIBE"
Check out our entire blog: CLICK HERE
http://www.rowyngracesommer.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Tiny URL

Enter a long URL to make tiny: