Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

10/12/08

State Fair of Texas

We went to the State Fair on the 12th...I know i am way behind on posting so yall will just have to bear with me on all these late posts...
Chris' Jeep was on display at the fair so he had to get up super early and haul it up there on a trailer... One of the Jeep clubs he is in had a whole corral reserved for all their members.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chris had to be up there super early... so Rowyn and I went later in the day after we got up and around.
Photobucket
This is Rowyn after i put her in the car to head that way.

You could tell that daddy was glad we came. I think he became quite bored sitting there by his jeep with no one to talk to except the passer by'ers...
It was so packed by the time Rowyn and I got there. We had to park in Egypt. Yes, Egypt! lol All the other parking lots were already full. I was so nervous to be by myself with Row, Chris was wating for me by the gate, but i bet i was parked literally 3miles from the gate... i mean it was so far that they were trolleying people up to the gate...yea! lovely!

So there I was, "Alone", with Rowyn in the stroller, trying to load her on a stinkin' trolley, "Alone"!... and if you dont already know... that is not the best part of town to be in to begin with... so yea, I was really nervous...
I kept my car between my index and middle finger the whole time, so i could stap somebody and run if anybody tried to mess with us! I'm so serious!
Anyways, I finally made it to the gate... then I had to unload the stroller off the stinkin trolley, "Alone"!... yea, I say this because, not that I would have wanted anyone to approah me(cause they would've gotten stapped with a key) but ya know, no one even offered, ...kinda ticked me off a little.
Once I got up to the gate and unloaded, I had to then stand in another, Nile River of a line, to get a flippin' ticket. Yet, this whole time, Chris is standing just on the other side of the gate, but can not come out to help me because they would not let him back in. Grrrr!

Once we did finally make it in... I felt like I was a Japanese tourist, snapping pictures with my camera... I just kept thinking, Blog, Blog, Blog... lol... i think i embarassed Chris.

Photobucket
Here is the first sign i saw that said "State Fair"... i know im really bad, huh?

Photobucket
They were having some kind of wine tasting there too, but we didnt go in.

Photobucket
This was me trying to take a picture to show how many people we were having to weave in and out of, while trying NOT to look like a Japanese tourist.

Photobucket
International Blvd.

Photobucket
I asked Chris, "Go over there by that fountain so I can take yalls picture"
---put your phone down honey, your not at work, its the weekend! Geez!---

Photobucket
They had several sidewalk shows going on.

Photobucket
Fancy Corvette on display

PhotobucketPhotobucket
BIG TEX...star of the show!
---see the massive amount of people---

Photobucket
They had this cute little(well it was actually kinda big) train set up, all around the feet of BIG TEX... I was trying to get some good pictures
Photobucket
when of it when all of the sudden... ... ... ...
Photobucket
What in the world! I couldnt help myself! I just continued to act like i was taking pictures of the lovely train... but i was really trying to get good shots of these freaks with out them noticeing...
Photobucket
Chris knew exactly what i was doing, cause i could see him off to the side snickering at me... and yes, if you are questioning this... these are two men, late 30's early 40's, with "Hair Band/Rocker" hair... and they are wearing...... dun, dun DUN!... SPANDEX! now come one... could you have resisted? seriously!
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Pretty butterflies

Photobucket
Man! you should have seen the line for a corny dog!

Photobucket
We just grabbed a burger and iced tea, and headed back to the Jeep corral to sit down and eat some lunch.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chris' Jeep was the biggest one in the group... i think some of the other guys were a little put off about that... cause they all had little wheenie jeeps... hehe

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Rowyn sitting with mom and dad as we eat lunch

After Lunch we went to see some sites...
First Stop...
Photobucket
The Auto-Show
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Corvette... i think Chris told me that the sticker on this car was like $150,000.00
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The new Hummer Truck
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Dodge Charger
Photobucket
thought this was spiffy... built in tool box... big enough for golf clubs...pretty cool, huh?
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
and of course we had to see the jeep display...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Jeep even had a rock climb... i thought that was pretty neat too

Photobucket
Fountains
Photobucket
i would hate to have to pack all that up at the end of the day...
Photobucket
Rowyn, just chillin in her stroller as we walked around

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chrysler Aspen
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Lexus RX........LOVE THIS!... always wanted one...
Photobucket
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I dont remember what this was, but i thought it was cool because the seats matched the color
PhotobucketPhotobucket
before i took this picture, there was another mom, trying to take a picture of her husband with their two boys standing in front of this race car... and i could hear the mother saying... "Now, boys we are going to take a nice picture" "No funny stuff, No bunny ears, No funny faces" "Just stand there and smile" lol

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
We found this... and i snapped a picture... then this oriental woman comes flying around the corner at me yelling... " NO PI TA, NO PI TA "
---Gravy! Lady...Post a sign!---lol

Photobucket
more fountains

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Again, trying to show the millions of people that were there... this time though, i just held my camera straight up in the air, and started snapping...again embarassing Chris...lol...still didnt really capture the magnitude of people...

Photobucket
I dont know about you, but im not trying to get into any metal box that is hanging from a wire... No thank you!

Photobucket
Money Bears

Photobucket
We went to the midway because we had some tickets to burn...Chris wanted to challenge me to a game of shooting hoops... but this year, they had changed all the midway games to cards, we could not use our coupons. Thats ok, I would have creamed Chris and I wouldnt have wanted to embarrass him any more. lol

PhotobucketPhotobucket
left the midway and walked down and say this big pond
PhotobucketPhotobucket
arent these the coolest... of course we couldnt have got on one cause we had little bit
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
we stopped and listened to the bag pipes

Photobucket
Look! its Jacki Chan

PhotobucketPhotobucket
i think this chick decided to go for a swim in a fountain...people seriously crack me up!

Photobucket
There was this one patch of grass that had all these local artist's art displayed...
Photobucket
I liked the fish made out of CD's

Photobucket
We didnt get to ride the big ferris wheel either... not with little bit... someday, maybe!

Photobucket
the pond was so pretty...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
you can see, chris doesnt wait around for me at all...while i act like a tourist.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
cute little turtles

Photobucket
this duck must have had a blow out

Photobucket
i liked this metal tree too

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cotton Bowl

Photobucket
Gold Eagle

Photobucket
cool plateau sitting area

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I made chris and rowyn go in there so i could take a picture
Photobucket
all the landscaping was really pretty too
Photobucket
Photobucket
I intend on calling them to come do my back yard for next summer... shhhh dont tell chris...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
see the palm tree in the rocks
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
neat little seating area... i think the mother of this child got a little nervous... because i kept trying to get a picture of this kid jumping from level to level...
---I promise lady, im not a weirdo, just thought your kid playing was cute---

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
some of the old cars in the corral next to ours

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
whew!... back to camp... where we can sit and relax a little

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Rowyn was pooped!

We sat there for a while... talked with the passer by'ers... the men talked to chris about the jeep, and the women coo'd over Rowyn...
Eventually it was 6:00pm and we were allowed to leave... you had to stay til a certain time when you are a display...
We were so ready to get home...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
loading the jeep
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
"Why'd you have to trailer it?" some guy asked.
Chris replied, "Does this LOOK street legal to you?"

So we were done for the day... pooped!... well we still had one little problem...
It was now 6:00pm(getting dark)and I am not wanting to walk all the way back across the fair grounds, "alone" to that gate i had to come in at... then wait in line for the trolley, "alone"... then load rowyn onto the trolley, "alone"... well you get the idea... so chris is like.."just jump in the truck with me... and i will take you over there to your car"...ok, sounds great, right?...
WELL.... unfortunatley, chris could not get into that parking lot... because it sat under this bridge like thing and it was not accesible from the main highway... so he had to drop me off wwwwaaaaaaayyyyyy on the other side of Egypt... and i had to book it across not 1, not2, not 3 but 4 parking lots...(i bet it was 2miles) while it was getting dark, and i am a female with a stroller...(keys went between fingers again)...and i was bookin' it... I mean, I dont think i have ever walked that fast in my life... i was so scared... chris kept texting me... are you to your car yet... nope, not yet... are you to your car yet... nope not yet... geez it took forever... i was so dang scared... my heart was racing... but i finally mad it back to my car... threw the diaper bag in, put rowyn in her seat, looking over my shoulder constantly, to make sure some idiot didnt walk up behind me... threw the stoller in the back of the explorer and i was outta there... i was so relieved once i finally got in and got the doors locked.
Whew! what a day!

FYI: I updated Our Comment Section hoping that it would be easier to use, and in return we would receive more comments.
We Love to Hear your Comments!
So please click blow to leave comments...
1. COMMENT FORM is at the bottom of the post
2. Blogger Accounts are FREE, but not required
3. If no account, Click down arrow & select Name/URL
4. URL address not required

Love, Chris, Megan & Rowyn Sommer

To subscribe to blog updates Email me: "SUBSCRIBE"
To unsubscribe to blog updates Email me: "UNSUBSCRIBE"
Check out our entire blog: CLICK HERE
http://www.rowyngracesommer.blogspot.com

No comments:

Tiny URL

Enter a long URL to make tiny: