Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

4/15/09

Testing me?

I spatted Rowyns hand this morning, I have been telling her for 3 days not to play with Mommy's laptop cord...she just cant help herself... I have spatted her before, but she always just smiles and laughs at me, like its a game, well this morning she knew i meant business... she screamed like someone just pulled her tooth out... then i felt bad so i picked her up and loved her... i explained to her why i spatted her hand, and that mommy didnt want her to get hurt by those cords... she stopped crying, looked right at me, and started balling again... so we bounced, as i walked through the living room with her... then the puppy got after my feet and started barking at us, in that high pitched puppy bark(you would not believe, how high pitched this dogs bark is)... so that scared the daylights out of her, so she screamed again, crying, balling, squaling... I have read that at this age is when your kids begin to test you to see what they can get away with, Guess She's testing me, you think?
Megan Sommer

2 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Ha! I just spatted Morgans hand last night. We have been telling her for weeks to leave the cat food alone....and before she started to obey and love the attention she got when she was a good listener and crawled away from the bowl and into our arms. Now she will look right at us or not and deliberately continue to get into the cat food. I spatted her hand and it was a bit red afterwards, but she didn't cry or budge. Just looked at me and went back to the cat food.

Today I am off to toys r us for gates and safety locks. She is getting into cabinets now. She figured out how to open them the other day and yesterday she got out the disposal cleaner and dropped it, causing the lid to break off and poured it all over the floor. That when I said "last strike"... no more of that for baby girl.

I was reading my books like night because we are struggling with Morgan using a high pitch scream as a form of communication. I have tried several things to break it in which none have worked. Its tuff.

Jessica McBain said...

That is too cute!!! Rileigh is now ting to throw herslef on the floor crying and kicking her feet and screaming. I seriously just stand there and look at her. I have heard it is best to now give them attention when they are doing that. But I think it is kind of funny when she does it....I sure it won't be funny in a couple years in the middle of the toy store. But for now it is....LOL
I guess we just have to enjoy it.

Tiny URL

Enter a long URL to make tiny: