Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

9/12/08

9-12-08 3month Portraits taken

I took Rowyn on 9-12-08 to have her pictures taken at JCPenneys. I didnt get them back until yesterday 9-24-08... so you can imagine that i have just been dying not being able to blog about them yet.

I had an appt for 12:30pm, which i dont know what i was thinking because she typically eats at 11:00am so this put her right at morning nap time. To make matters worse, the photographer was running 45min behind so it was 1:15pm before they even got us back there... so it was for sure MeltDown time! I had taken two outfits that i wanted her to wear. I scheduled on a weekday specifically for this reason, because you cant do outfit changes on the weekends... so you can imagine that i was quite put out when we only made it through the diaper only pics, and one of the outfits, and this was with the photographer giving us about a 15min break to calm the sleepy beast,...yes i said beast... down.

Anyways, the pictures did turn out really good. Although they didnt do any kind of retouching, which again irritated me because she had just scratched her face two days before, then to add her meltdown... her face looks very red and splotchy. If i would have known ahead of time that they didnt retouch i could have rescheduled when that little scratch under her right eye went away... oh well...

Let me know what you think?

Blue Hydrangea Background
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I changed the colors on this one with my fancy smancy photo software.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here are some of the little collection sheets that they put together... ya know so they can grab you, turn you upside down, and shake you until they get every last cent out of you.

Brown & Pink Polka-Dot Dress
This is the dress that Amanda Duncan gave me, well Rowyn, at my baby shower. I have decided that this will be her "Milestone" outfit. What I mean is that i will have her pictures taken each time in this dress at least, so we can always look back and see how much she has grown, just by being able to see how much smaller this dress fits her. Eventually, it will be to small to wear as a dress, so then it will "magically" turn into a shirt and she can wear jeans or something under it. Good thinking, ...right?

Photobucket
Here she is the day we brought her home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I changed the colors on this one too with my photo software.

Photobucket

Photobucket
She kept falling asleep... it was so cute... I can trade sleepy eyes for smiles...

Photobucket
We would call her name to try and get her to wake up so maybe, just maybe we could get one more smile... this is what we got instead of a smile. My daddy will love this one, because when we were little Sharon, Amber and I had our pictures made, and we were not happy about having to sit up there either, so we all three had pout faces. Ended up, that was my PaPa's(my dad's daddy) favorite picture of us, and he kept it on his night stand. I will have to see if i can get a copy of it and upload it so yall can see it, maybe my cousin Arin will help me out with that.(Hint, Hint) So anyways I'm sure, this will be one of my dads favorite pics of Rowyn too.

Photobucket

Photobucket
She was getting hungry again, on top of being so, so sleepy... like i said, they were running 45min behind before we ever even got back there... so she was then only 45min away from her next time to eat(2:00pm)... so she was sucking on her hands. Made for a cute picture anyways.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Me and my fancy software again...lol

Photobucket
This is one of my favorites.

Photobucket
Close up

Photobucket
Black & White

Here are some more of those collection sheets that you just "have to have"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ok, so once we were done...we had to wait like 20mins before we could go back and view the pictures, and order which ones we wanted so, we walked around the mall for a little bit, found some really great sale racks. When we went back, they got me for a pretty good chunck of change, but i was just so tired of being there that i just told the lady to give me an 8x10 of each picture...(im thinking, i can do all these modifications at home with my software) ...she kept going on and on about this and that... "do you want this picture in black and white?", "do you want this collection page, or not?", "oh this might look better with her name on the top instead of the bottom"... on and on and on...

Finally, I looked at her and put my hand over her hand on the computer mouse, and i said with clinched teeth but very gently.

" Just... give... me ... an 8x10... of... each... picture. "
" Yes, of each one. "

Then i guess, after the third time of her hearing those words, she finally got it... GOOD GRAVY!

So then i was off to run my errands at babies r us... i had eight cans of similac that i needed to exchange... that is a whole other story...

Anyways, being "put out" by my experience at JCPenneys, and somewhat ticked off that we only got through one outfit. I thought, well, im here, i have all the outfits... she is only 3months old once in her lifetime... so...

Yep, I went and did it all over again at Kiddie Kandids at Babies R Us...
I thought, Chris is going to absolutly KILL ME... but he was actually pretty ok with it...maybe thats because he hasnt gotten the credit card receipt that reflects this particular day...lol
I dont know what in the world i was thinking... well i guess i was thinking that now that i had gotten her through a warm bottle and a somewhat of a nap... that maybe, just maybe this would be a better experience... well...

Photobucket

Photobucket
We started with the naked baby pics again... i guess that is pretty standard for babies at this age... I really love these... they pop really good on that black background.

Photobucket
Me and my software again...

Photobucket

Photobucket
This was the second outfit that i never got to at JCPenney's... so i was glad to finally get her in this one, cause her daddy picked this outfit for pictures. So i knew he would be happy to see that we did actually get it on her and at least a few shots done.

Then i thought... well maybe i can stretch her through one more outfit. I had also brought a few extra outfits... just in case i saw a background or some thing that grabbed my eye...

Photobucket

And then.....

She was FINISHED! DONE! FIN'E'TOE'! Meltdown #2 was in full swing

Photobucket

What a rough day for my little girl.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Please go to Our Blog & Click "Comments" and let us know what you think about this post!

Love, Chris, Megan & Rowyn Sommer

To subscribe to blog updates Email me: "SUBSCRIBE"
To unsubscribe to blog updates Email me: "UNSUBSCRIBE"
Check out our entire blog: CLICK HERE
http://www.rowyngracesommer.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures turned out really cute!

Anonymous said...

Meg



Just send me pic one at time at school I cant open the entire file. You take the best pics you should do then yoyr self and then you and Rowyn can relax and have fun. She is a cutie. Are you and Cris coming to Ambers B-day dinner sat?



Love

Aunt Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh these are so cute!!!!! I really like the naked one where she is smiling and then my second favorite is the brown dress. Oh but the one where her lips are puckered up like she is upset is too cute also.
Shea

Anonymous said...

Why are you torturing your baby girl? lol. You now that when you get old she is going to pay you back for all crazy pictures, I'm thinking nursing home…My sister tood Brady to the Portait People and his picutures were so good. I have to post some of them so you can see. You should check them out for Rowyn's 6 mos pictures.
Larissa

The Prestons said...

SO SO SO CUTE...but seriously with your photo software you could do some really cool things on your own. What software do you have? So, I think my favorite is the polka dot dress with that fancy bow...so precious!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, well welcome to motherhood!!!

we live and learn thru most of these exercises!

I think they are adorable, especially the naked baby ones. when my girls were little every one used Olan Mills and they intentionally scheduled three families in each slot to cover their no show rate. That always put the schedule behind.

i am glad to see you are having fun with Rowyn.
toni

Anonymous said...

Megan - With all your fancy photoshop stuff and camera - you don't need JC Penneys or the kid place.... Stacie figured that out pretty quick - and found a place to get professional prints done after she took the shots - then you know they are in a good mood, up for numerous costume changes, etc!!!! All it takes is a few backgrounds (easy to do) and your photos are every bit as good as Penney's and a whole lot less money!!!!!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

THose are so cute! I'm glad my dress was the lucky chosen one :) She is getting so big :)
Amanda

Tiny URL

Enter a long URL to make tiny: