Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

5/30/08

They strapped me to monitors...

ok... so i went to my doctor appt on friday and my blood pressure was high...

rewind...my doctor has been warning me for a while about toximia...and threatening me that he was going to admit me into the hospital and make me stay ther til i deliver if i didnt take it easy and get off my feet...

i always assure him that i will rest...but not until this or that is done.... ya know...whatever the task is that particular week...

well this time, i didnt get to see dr. chapman because he was working down in labor and delivery with another offices patients... so i got to see Sharon, Health Central's nurse practitioner... she took my blood pressure and it was high...granted i had ran like 6 errands prior to actually getting to the doctor...so why wouldn't my blood pressure be high ...right?...

see... i ration my errands til doctor appt day because the dang gas prices are so high and i would rather get as much done on my "outing day" as possible... so see...of course im gonna stress my self out and make my blood pressure high...

well to make a long story short... they sent me down to labor & delivery to "monitor" me... so they hooked me up to all these machines and made me lay there... so as i did...i made sure to snap some shots on my cell phone so i could share my experience with yall... keep in mind that chris left this morning for oklahoma to go jeepin... i had cried the night before to him...just being scared that something scary would happen while he was not there...

Photobucket
Here i am laying on my "left" side... something about laying on your left side helps with the blood flow to your uterus

Photobucket
this blood pressure cuff stayed on my arm and went off every 10 min.

Photobucket
They hooked up monitors to my tummy to monitor the baby too.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Finally they called Dr. Chapman and he released me so i got to get up, get drfessed and get outta there...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

my mom came and stayed with me for the weekend...just in case anything else scary happened... chris will be home on sunday around 2:00pm and i have to go back to the doctor on monday morning at 9:45am...so i will let u know what happens at that appt.

love, megan

No comments:

Tiny URL

Enter a long URL to make tiny: